Thursday, January 14, 2016

Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars

Blondie bars are one of the most delicious desserts on this planet. Along with the blondie bars, snickerdoodle cookies are my absolute favorite cookie. So when you put the two together in one recipe and make snickerdoodle blondies you will never make another dessert again. I made these yummy treats over winter break because there was so much down time and they were magnificent.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
(photo credit: pinchofyum.com)

Ingredients you will need: 
  • 2 & 2/3 cups of all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 cups of brown sugar
  • 1 cup of butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of cinnamon chips
Now what you have you ingredients, it's time to make the batter/dough!!

Instructions for making the batter/dough:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray, then line the pan with parchment paper ( let it drape over the sides a little bit), then spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream of tartar and salt together(set this bowl aside)
  4. In a large bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer for three to five minutes. next, mix in eggs to the brown sugar and butter one at a time, then vanilla.
  5. Stir in the flour mixture so it is well blended.
  6. Stir in cinnamon chips
  7. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly (it will be thick). You can spray your hands with cooking spray and pat the batter down evenly. 
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface of the batter comes back up when it is lightly pressed down.
  9. Remove from the oven. Let cool completely.
  10. Once it is cooled and ready to be cut and eaten, use  the ends of the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan.
  11. Enjoy!
Now that you know just how yummy the bars are, I have thought of a few ideas of different ways to serve and eat your snickerdoodle blondies. 
-You can serve them cooled
-You can serve them warm
-You can serve them warm with vanilla ice cream on top
-You can cut two identical pieces of the bar, and put ice cream in the middle! (just like an ice cream sandwich) 

I hope you enjoy these as much as i did!

5 comments:

  1. Katie,
    I've never heard of snickerdoodle blondie bars before! It sounds amazing! My favorite kind of cookie is snickerdoodle too! Whenever I go to the bakery section in Meijers, I would always get a pack of snickerdoodle cookies, but they're really rare since it gets sold out pretty quickly. I like how you exaggerated by saying "blondie bars are one of the most delicious desserts on this planet." and "you will never make another desserts again." This really grabbed my attention, and made me want to bake it and eat it right away. During the winter break, I've made snowflake sugar cookies with my little sister for the first time, and making the batter/though was the hardest part for us. It was difficult because we put too much butter in it, so it got really sticky, and therefore it was hard to push in the "snowflake shape thing" into the dough and take it out. Wow, I can't believe it takes 25-30 minutes to be baked! My cookies only took about 10 minutes! I also liked how you listed out the different ways to serve with the snickerdoodle blondies. They all sound so good! How did you eat it? I am definitely going to try making these snickerdoodle blondie bars after the finals when I have free time. Thanks for the idea! If you know how to bake other goods, tell us! I can't wait to read your other good recipes! Overall, nice job being thorough in your recipe steps and organizing. I really enjoyed reading your blog! Was it your first time baking the snickerdoodble blondie bars? What was your favorite part of making the blondie bars and why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy-
    Yes it was my first time making these. They are pretty easy to make but prepping the pan is a little extensive to me, but they turn out great; its worth the extra time! My favorite part of making them is eating them:) All joking aside, my favorite part of actually making them is putting it in the pan and smoothing the top of the batter down. Im sorry about your cookies not working well with the cookie cutter, i've never made snowflake cookies before, i bet they were delicious!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    These sound so good. I want to try them as soon as I can. They also seem like a fairly easy thing to make, and sure do sound tasty. Is there anything you would recommend to me if I am trying these for the first time? Your ideas of how to serve them sound so good as well! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie! This sounds so good and now I want to try it as soon as possible! It seems like it isn't too hard of a recipe, which I like a lot! The easier, the better! I also like how you can serve them in so many variations! I have one question for you, how many snickerdoodle blondie bars does this recipe make? Thanks for the recipe and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katie!
    These brownies look so good and they are the perfect winter treat to make at home when you just want to have a very relaxing day. I like how easy the recipe is and that anyone can do it! Did you have any tips on how you can get the best results? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete